Debut Jewelry Trunk Show Invite

Debut Jewelry Trunk Show Invite

Debut Trunk Show in Raleigh NC

Come one, come all.. Join me to celebrate our local Raleigh jewelry artists in there debut trunk show event

When: November 8th
Time: 6-9pm

Where: Shag and Garnish Salon
8377 Creedmoor Road, Raleigh NC 27612.
http://www.shagandgarnish.com/

Bring friends, come shop, laugh, eat and drink. Please pass this along and share with everyone to make this an extraordinary event.

Artists include:
Megan Wakefield ( 32lbs)- Find her on Facebook under 32lbs
Jessie Voci ( J.Star Designs)
Amanda Wren (Wren Designs)

If you know that you are going to come then please send me an email chamlett@dtechstudio.com. If it is last minute don't think that your not invited :) I hope to see all of you there!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mortgage Manifesto uses Facebook

I want to know what you think…


Many companies and sales individuals are (and should) be using social media to promote themselves,and most importantly their buyers and sellers. By putting themselves 'out there', they are showing just what clients need and want… the human aspect of a sales person ( loan officer, real estate agent etc..). Social Media has been a way for everyone to really get to know each other. We have seen job markets begin to use it as your first impression, companies using for all sorts of information.

I work with two different companies and I saw those companies overlap yesterday that made my mind race. I work as social media marketing manager for Digi Tech Studios and a loan officer assistant with Prospect Mortgage. I truly believe in the power of social media and the numbers are there to prove it. I believe that people needed this to bridge the gap and to really get to know the power of our world. When you post on Facebook you have made it available for the world to share. Does this mean that you want it shared to the world? You have heard stories and I have shared stories of life inside the mortgage industry. I have talked about how to get prepared before even speaking to a loan officer or agent. I just never that I should go as far as to tell you that if you don’t want to the world, including underwriters to know what is going on in your life then please check the security levels of Facebook. It is there to protect you against everything and everyone! I remind you of this because I had a file submitted to underwriting for approval and the underwriter looked at Facebook for an approval.

This means I am adding another aspect to your mortgage preparation checklist.... Check your security levels.
If you don’t know here is how.. http://www.reclaimprivacy.org/



Now, I can see it both ways… You have made it public information by posting it on the web. An underwriter’s job is to evaluate risk. However, it is personal information in which you were sharing with your friends. You put yourself out there by not checking your security levels.



How do you feel about this?
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment