Debut Jewelry Trunk Show Invite

Debut Jewelry Trunk Show Invite

Debut Trunk Show in Raleigh NC

Come one, come all.. Join me to celebrate our local Raleigh jewelry artists in there debut trunk show event

When: November 8th
Time: 6-9pm

Where: Shag and Garnish Salon
8377 Creedmoor Road, Raleigh NC 27612.
http://www.shagandgarnish.com/

Bring friends, come shop, laugh, eat and drink. Please pass this along and share with everyone to make this an extraordinary event.

Artists include:
Megan Wakefield ( 32lbs)- Find her on Facebook under 32lbs
Jessie Voci ( J.Star Designs)
Amanda Wren (Wren Designs)

If you know that you are going to come then please send me an email chamlett@dtechstudio.com. If it is last minute don't think that your not invited :) I hope to see all of you there!

Friday, July 30, 2010

AS You and Me (Assume)

AS You and Me (Assume)


The mortgage industry teaches me on a daily basis that I shouldn’t; and cannot assume anything. The industry has gotten burned because we believed everybody was truthful. Now, underwriting requires documentation, documentation, documentation and more documentation for every scenario. I watched another lesson learned yesterday in my own office. It was one of those simple scenarios that as a person of the industry caught all of us off guard. I found out that you do need to let everyone know to come to the home closing.

A loan officer came out of his office with a completely flabbergasted look late yesterday afternoon. He proceeded to tell me a story that literally shocked the pants off me. He had worked diligently on a file with a team of army men about as long as a classical piano concert. He had just gotten to the place where it is time to give the client some relief. This is the time when underwriting is officially done collecting documentation from them. As you might know from being on any side of one of these transactions; it brings a sigh of relief to everyone. Just at that moment he got a phone call from an agent that smacked him right in the face. It was the real estate agent letting him know that the borrower had left the state. It was due to close the next morning at 9am. Working on transactions everyday I thought to myself; why would you leave town without telling anyone? It is usually the very exciting part for the buyer.

I had to know how the story ended as I arriving in the office today. I was told that she thought that it would close on that preset closing date without her; and we would call her after a couple days to move in. She had a PLANNED vacation that she knew about for over a year. This is where I wondered was it our fault for assuming that she knew, or her fault for not letting someone know she had a vacation planned. My insider secret to avoid this Mortgage Manifesto is to let you know that North Carolina requires you to be at closing. It applies to both purchase and refinance transactions. If not, you will need a power of attorney, change the closing date, or plan for a mail away closing.
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment